.

Friday, July 19, 2019

My Faith Essay -- Christianity Biblical Christian Religion Essays

My Faith During my life, I have had many experiences that have shaped my character. One of these moments happened when I was a junior in high school. This is when I decided to join my high school track team. I had always played many sports such as golf, basketball, wrestling, and football, but I hadn’t been involved in track. So I decided to give it a try. It may seem strange, but that track season, as well as certain circumstances that happened during the season, was very beneficial in learning some simple concepts of my Christian faith. When I first joined the track team, I was very excited. I was looking forward to the upcoming season and my chances to be a star sprinter. The first few weeks of the season were tough, but I was determined to reach my goals as a sprinter. I worked my hardest in all that the coach had us do, but I especially focused on the sprints because the next week was when the coach told us what our races were going to be according to how we did in the practices. I was almost sure of my spot as a sprinter because I was the second fastest kid on the team, but the next week was â€Å"the moment of truth.† Monday had come of the next week, and it was time for practice. I can still remember the anticipation as the coach read off the lists and positions of each person. I was shocked to discover that the coach had placed me in the middle distances rather than the sprints. I was a bit upset upon discovering this. After all, I was the second fastest kid on the team, and I didn’t run my hardest in the longer races on purpose just to ensure that I would get a spot as a sprinter. However, this did not happen. I told my parents about my position that night, and they gave the usual speech that probably many of y... ...ecause I thought I was about to be passed. The roar increased with every stride closer to the finish line. The next thing I remembered was crossing the finish line in first place and turning to glance back down the track. To my surprise, the second placeman was over 50 meters behind me. I had achieved first place, and fell only 1 second short of the 800 record. The rest of the day went the same way. Our four by 400 meter relay team took first place, and we ended up breaking the record in that race. After this I decided to stay in track, and I ended up being the second best in the state. I learned a few lessons from this. The first was that if we persevere and give everything our best, God will bless us. God also taught me a big lesson in humility. I have learned to rely on God and to listen to what my parents say. This was one of my most influential moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment